Thursday, January 19, 2012

Is professional car window tinting a diff material or process than buying the tint and doing it yourself?

Apparently to get my cars windows professionally tinted in the back and trunk windows its $200. Is it the same material that I can buy at any store for like 20$ and they just put it on "professionally"? Like is it worth getting professionally done is my question, because my brother is a mechanic and he said he could do it for me, I just need to buy the tint, but if its a cheap material that peels off then I dont know if its worth it.Is professional car window tinting a diff material or process than buying the tint and doing it yourself?
Technically the answer to your question is no. The materials are different. What you get in the local parts house is a very very thin tinted material. It requires extremely careful handling so as not to crease it. As was mentioned the cleaning of the glass makes all the difference too.



The materials from a professional window tinting firm is a little thicker and is multilayered to give a better surface to prevent scraching.



I have had at least 25 different cars tinted living here in AZ. The difference in the job I could do and the job the professionals do is well worth the $200 plus at the reputable dealers you get a lifetime guarantee on the work and materials.



Hope this helped.
Yes the 20.00 film is much thinner, cheaper - harder to work with/



The pro's use the best quality film and it is an art form.



Not everyone can do it, and make it look good.



200.00 aint bad if you get a warantee, and there are no blemishes.

I assume you have rear defrost??Is professional car window tinting a diff material or process than buying the tint and doing it yourself?
I think professional window tinting is actually a special coating that they spray onto the windows.



Whereas the stuff you buy in shops is just a stick-on transfer. It's basically the cheap-*** alternative.



It's the fake tan of window tinting :P
Its really difficult to put it on yourself. I bought the material for $20 and then just gave up with it. I kept getting bubbles and it never turned out the way I wanted it to be. When you go to "professionals" they use a different material and it looks 10 times better. I think you can find a better deal than $200Is professional car window tinting a diff material or process than buying the tint and doing it yourself?
not at all.
It is the same stuff. The real difference is the way they prep the window by cleaning it first. They often use alcohol swaps to make sure the glass is clean first. Most people are so interested in getting the tint installed they fail to properly clean the glass first.

No comments:

Post a Comment