Thursday, January 12, 2012

Window tinting?

When i bought my car it already had the windows about 35% but i want them darker....will it be cheaper to get it darker or will they have to stip the old off or can they put a lighter layer on it so they mix to make it darker???

Thanks!!Window tinting?
If you came into my shop wanting me to put tint over tint the first thing I would say to you would be...



If I do that you get no warranty whatsoever because I cant garauntee the job that was done before me ...

also... Im very good at what I do and take pride in my work so I wouldnt want to have to follow someone elses edge at the top of the window... i like to tuck mine all the way to the top...



So no I dont want to tint over your tint



... just read that you had a car... there is no way i'm tinting over your back glass, unless I check that car out and that back window is immaculate



....



As far as how dark you should go, i'm a huge fan of %20 it gives you a nice charcaol look, and its still light enough the nice police officer can see you and hopefully not give you a ticket for it.



again.... no I dont want to tint over what you have on there now....



I offer a lifetime warranty on my installs.... thats part of what you pay for... would hate to see you pay all that money for tint and if something went wrong in the near or distant future there would be nothing I could do about it.Window tinting?
They will place the new tint right on top of the original factory tint. It will end up being slightly darker because you already have 35% on it so you might want to pick a shade that is slightly less than you want in the end because it will be compounded on top of the already present tint.Window tinting?
You can put another layer of tint on top, but it might not come

out uniform. Any scratches and nicks will show. I would

strip off the old tint and use a darker color.
it will be cheaper for u right now if u just add a second layer of tint on the windows but in the long run it will cost u more money to repair the window motors. 2 layers of tint puts so much stress on the motor that it will cause it to go out sooner u'll find that rolling up and down the windows will be much slower then just having one layer of tint. its best that the existing film is removed and then redone with the darkness that u want.

No comments:

Post a Comment