Thursday, January 12, 2012

Window Tinting?

1. What is the best solution to use when applying to the car window before you put the film on?



2. What is the best temp. to do this in.



3. What is the best device to use to push all the bubbels out?Window Tinting?
1. Any soapy solution (you might notice residue at first but that will go away)



2. Most likely as cool as possible



3. A squeegee and hair dryer or industrial heat gun to remove bubblesWindow Tinting?
just wanted to add a tip for you,

go over it w/hair dryer(not to close)

this will help get out the bubbles.Window Tinting?
I used a "Tint On" solution sold in a bottle near the window tints at auto parts stores. But I believe any soapy solution is ok. I like to use a silicone squeegee to get most of the solution out, then go over with a credit card wrapped in a soft cloth, and push really hard.



Do it in a cool temperature, otherwise the solution will dry up on you too fast. I think you will inevitably be left with a few bubbles you cannot push out, just pop them with a small pin, and try to push them out the small pin hole.



I've found the hardest part is trimming the edges, I like to do it with the window down a little to start, get the top done and trimmed the roll the window the rest of the way up. If you can I recommend removing the window glass. It will make it so much easier because you can do it on a table and get the edges trimmed perfectly.



These are my tips, and my window tinting comes out pretty good, most people ask me where I got it done because it looks nice. If you can get good at tinting yourself, you can put the window tint shops to shame as they sometimes don't do very good work, and sometimes will damage your weatherstripping.
why dont u go to the place and get it done?

No comments:

Post a Comment