Sunday, January 8, 2012

Need a good recommendation for window tinting?

Hi,





I would like to get my car windows tinted. For privacy, security and for looks. I have a 99 Saab convertible. Does anyone have a good recommendation in the Stamford, CT area? Also, any recommendations on type of tint?





Thanks a lot!|||Can't help you for specific shops, but they aren't too hard to find in the yellow pages. Just call them all up and ask for quotes! ~$200 I would guess from my own West Coast experience.


Tint laws are state specific... CT is allowed 35% front and back. That's dark enough to look pretty sweet. I wouldn't go any darker than that on the rear window, either, or it makes it too hard to see anything at night! 35% on my car makes it so I don't need "night-mode" on my rear view mirror! And I guess you can always just open the windows at night to help you see...|||well state-wide aftermarket tint is illegal,,,but pple do it, now 5%--15%--20% tint is dark, the lower percentage is the darkest,,, the 35% is possiby o.k. depending on your car's color,,,if U have a dark color it'll look dark-er,,,but go/w the 35% anyway waaay coool,,,|||Check LLumar at http://www.llumar.com or FormulaOne at http://www.formulaone.com





Dealer locator by closest to your zip code.|||I have a 99 Saab convertible also that I just bought,and just tinted it with 15% supposedly the level right below limo tint.Looks great.

No comments:

Post a Comment