Sunday, January 8, 2012

Affordable fix for peeling window tinting?

My car is a 1994 and I believe that the tinting on the windows is probably the original. The problem is, the tinting (film) on the inside of the passenger window is peeling off from the bottom. I think it started due to the extreme heat this summer. It seems as though whatever was holding the film to the window has dried up. Is there any affordable and easy way to fix this (at least temporarily) until I can get it professionally taken care of? I don't want to do anything to make it look tacky or obvious. Thanks for your help!|||Take clear packing tape and trim the loose tint. Run the tape along the bottom and with a spatula, tuck the tape under the bottom trim and then trim the rest of the tape.|||just tape it down, or take it off with a razor blade.

No comments:

Post a Comment