Thursday, January 12, 2012

Window tinting?

im getting my windows tinted. legally in MA they can be at 35% but the guy at the tinting place says that 35% wont look that good. My question is if you go a little bit darker than the legal amount will cops often pull you over for it? is it worth the risk?Window tinting?
GO SOMEWHERE ELSE 'CAUSE THAT GUY DON'T KNOW JACK!!!

I'm a pro... I could put any percentage on my vehicle %26amp; I ALWAYS use 35%. Not only does it do a good job in cutting the heat %26amp; protecting the interior, but it is still OK to see out of at night.

I don't know why he would say it doesn't look good... it will look good on any color vehicle.

What incentive does he have in trying to get you to go over the legal limit? Does a darker tint cost more?

Anyway... yes, go darker %26amp; you will get pulled over. Cops are trained to notice these things, some cops target this type of infraction, %26amp; I just can't see it being worth the risk. Do you want to pay to have the tint done, wind up getting fined because your over the limit, %26amp; then have to take the tint off on top of it all... which will probably cost you?

Tell that guy to take a hike... he's not worth the risk.
yes they will pull you over.Window tinting?
yes they will pull you over



All you need is for one cop to pull you over, and if he thinks the tint is too dark he can ask you to remove it in front of him. Not only is this annoying and gonna make you window turn foggy from adhesive, but you might get a ticket too



If the law is 35% then you should try and stick to the law. Now I don't know how things work in MA but in Texas they give window tinters a sticker that states the job complys with state regulations. If the tinter is cool he will go ahead and place this sticker even with 25% or 15% film. Still doesn't give you a fool proof way from getting cops off your back, but it would help your situation.
Even if they won't pull you over for just that, if they pull you over for ANYthing else, then they might write you up for the tint.



Removing it can cost you.



By the way, since when do you take the word of the salesperson SELLING you the tint by the square foot?



Pay more heed to the two pros above my answer. They have nothing to lose or gain by the advice they give.Window tinting?
In my city, the price of a ticket for obstructed vision, which is what they will write you for, is $150.00!! Probably what you'll pay where you are also. The reason cops dont like tinted windows is not because you cant see out but because they cant see in! Many cities are attempting to balance their budgets with the revenue their police departments are bringing in, and cop friends of mine tell me that quotas are a very real reality-a 10 ticket minimum per DAY is what they"re required to write to basically keep their jobs! Be careful!
I install window film in cars and homes as a side job and I have never had anyone complain about 35% on most vehicles.

The next darker step is 20% and that gets pretty dark.

On a rainy night it makes it rather hard to see out the sides.

I would stay with 35% if it were me. That is what I have no all my vehicles.
35% is fine, but if you want darker go for it. As someone said earlier, you can get a sticker :)



Technically the cops are able to pull you over, and ticket you, because it reduces their visibility of the driver.

Most cops wont really care.

But if they're having a bad day, they'll ticket you.

No comments:

Post a Comment